Thursday, October 30, 2008

He who has the bigger rack wins!



Otherwise known as "he who begs the loudest". It's mating season in Park City, and I don't mean for the human locals. It's time for the moose to do they're thing. In the picture above, two males about 3 to 5 years old are gently butting heads while a female is trying to ignore them and get some dinner before dark. The guys keep their eye on her as she wanders down in search of leaves. When she gets to far away they stop showing off to move closer in her direction, afraid she might give them the slip. In the picture below is the female with her baby and the two males.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow! I was just slightly nervous to view this post, not knowing exactly which kind of racks you were referring to. I was much relieved to see the moose. I guess I only have reason to be nervous on Heather's blog. That is way cool you get a front row seat to moose mating season. Looks like fun.:)

Brooke said...

Oh my Gosh Ann...That looks scary, but really neat. I LOVE animals and would love to be around them. Maybe not during mating season. How lucky you are to live where you live. When are we going to lunch. BTW, love the indian costumes....Enjoy Halloween today!