Thursday, September 11, 2008

This last Sunday I decided we were having family time whether we liked it or not. As soon as we got home from church, I started cooking. I made chicken and stuffing, baked beans, and Juliann made a big pan of brownies. We got in the Suburban and headed up to Mirror Lake in the High Unitas for a pic-nic. The kids were teasing and shrieking so we cut our destination in half and made it to Provo River Falls. It was beautiful there and the water was freezing.

Gentry was the only one with sense (OOPS) I mean nerve endings that couldn't take the cold and avoided the whole process of getting wet. We had a nice lunch and the kids ended up mostly soaked.


As I was sitting there taking pictures of the kids, Porter, my adorable 16 year old, threw a large rock at Tanner to make a big splash at him. Well, he missed and got me. One half of my entire body was soaked, including my hair. So one side of my hair was Sunday poofy and one side was smashed flat and dripping with water. I was a lovely site. Thank you Porter.


FAMILY: TOGETHER FOREVER AND KNOW MATTER WHAT!

4 comments:

Julianna said...

Good times. I remember my mom forcing us to have family time. I wouldn't change a thing now!

Cal said...

That place looks really pretty too.

Ethington Family said...

Holly is going to New York attend hair school. She will be living pretty close to Ellen. I love the pictures in this post- such a pretty place!

Brooke said...

Ann, where's that picture of you? What a nice family outing. My favorite time of the year is approaching. When are we getting together? Will October sometime work for you?